Welcome to another battle between two fan favorites, today we have the Stylish, body-hugging, featuring drawstrings rain jacket facing the one size fits all, wind and water repellant poncho in a battle against each other for the title of the best accessory for this rainy season. In one corner we have the parka raincoats while the other corner is dominated by a rain jacket. Let us find out who wins this battle.
First, let us understand what the two are, it is not as if the two require a definition but for the people looking to differentiate between the two here is a brief description of a rain jacket and a poncho.
1. Rain jacket.
It is a water-resistant jacket intended to as the name suggests, provide protection from the rains and keep you warm.
A poncho is a waterproof blanket with a slit for you to slide your head through, providing you protection from the rain and the wind.
The benefits of a rain jacket-
- A rain jacket is a stylish accessory that can be worn and still manage to look stylish as they come in all sizes and colors.
- This is a personal item so brands manufacture standard sizes and one can pick from their size.
- It repels water, usually comes with a hood featuring a drawstring that can be tightened as desired.
- A rain jacket usually goes a little lower than the waist, covering the torso fully and a couple of inches below that, giving you unhindered mobility in walking.
The benefits of a poncho-
- A poncho is a utilitarian accessory that comes in handy while doing work or carrying heavy loads, like a backpack while on a trek. This is because it is lightweight and has a free size that can even cover the backpack.
- There is no size requirement as it is essentially a blanket with a slit, so you can pick out the color that you like without having to worry about the size.
- Repels water while also saving you from winds and the lightweight adds to the aid as you are slowed down by the rain.
- A poncho goes all the way to the knees leaving only a few inches exposed and in no way hinders the mobility of an individual donning it.
While liking for this particular season varies from person to person, we all have the need and the requirement to get stuff done even when it is pouring cats and dogs. This is why there is a requirement for accessories that can provide us with the required protection from the elements and mother nature. While both are a good choice people naturally incline one of the two and it is difficult to convince them of the other as both have their practicality and usage that individuals fall for.