Denim came into existence in the fashion world way back in the mid-19th century in the United States. During that time, the manufacturers thought it to be perfect only for bottoms. Almost over a century, fashion designers came up with the different ideas of using denim for making other apparels like denim jackets, skirts, coats, dungarees, dresses, etc. However, out of all the outwears made with denim, jackets have become the top pick for many fashionistas in the country. The evolution of denim jackets over the years has been commendable and fashionable as well. To get the ever-stylish looks and rock everyday fashion, click here for latest denim jackets.
Denim Jackets in The 80s And 90s
The first-ever denim jacket was introduced in 1880 for miners, cowboys and railroad workers given the quality of denim is highly durable and strong. Indigo colour was the only dye for denim at that time. The labouring class used denim jackets for over five decades during that period. In the early 90s, the French made some changes to the style and colours of denim. Dark blue also came into use to dye the jackets to give more variation and distinction between the post of the workmen. It was in 1962, one of the famous denim manufacturers took the initiative to introduce denim jackets for casual wear.
Evolution During the Early 21st Century
At the onset of the 21st century, denim jackets became one of the most sought after pieces of coat in the market. The comfort and style that a denim jacket offers have been its biggest selling point since then and women have been blessed with some of the most stylish ones. In 2017, the New York Fashion Week boosted the craze of these jackets by featuring it in most of the runway shows. The fashion experts predicted that denim jackets would be everywhere in demand in the years to come. Well, it has been true since then as we can observe the dominance of denim jackets in the fashion market.
The Latest Denim Jacket Styles
We should give credit to the fashion designers of our age for making so many variations to the basic style of denim jackets. Women have so many options to choose from that one does not have to worry about the seasonal changes. From winters to summers, one can sport denim jackets in the most stylish ways.
- Denim Overcoats – Long denim overcoats are available in numerous styles, colours and options. The added details on some of the coats like side-slits, denim buckles and belts also make a beautiful difference.
- Cropped Denim Coats – While overcoats go best during winters, cropped denim coats are the best for the springs and summers. There are so many colours and designs that one can keep alternating her styling options. The fitting of these jackets goes perfect with crop and tank tops giving a feminine and graceful look.
- Frill-Detailed Denim Jackets – To give a bit of a funky look to the cropped denim jackets, the lower hem comes with frills. Skinny-fit ripped and distressed jeans look amazingly beautiful with these jackets as the lower part feels more like a frock!
- Sleeveless Denim Jackets – Denim in summers is a woman’s best friend, more so if it comes in the design of a sleeveless jacket. The fashion designers make variations to the hem and size of the jackets while keeping the structure almost the same.
- Side Tape Denim Jackets – Whether it be pants or jackets, colourful and tricoloured side tapes have become a common trend these days.
Denim jackets are ruling and are supposed to dominate the fashion market in years to come. The journey of this apparel has been beneficial for both the consumers and manufacturers. Women can keep enjoying wearing denim jackets in every season!